Adrenal Support, Adren-All #60 Caps
Regular price $ 53.20
A balanced vitamin and mineral supplement regimen is critical when addressing adrenal regulation. The synthesis and secretion of cortisol is largely dependent on adequate supplies of various vitamins.
- Vitamin C is needed for steroid biosynthesis and is depleted from the adrenal cortex upon high cortisol secretion. Niacin derivatives are also necessary cofactors for steroid biosynthesis. Pantothenic acid is vital to maintain steroid secretion from the adrenal cortex.
- Siberian ginseng, Rhodiola rosea, Glycyrrhiza glabra, and Schizandra chinensis are all considered to be adaptogenic herbs. Adaptogens are substances that nonspecifically increase the resistance of stress and exerts a balancing effect on various systems in the body (immune, central nervous, etc).
- Siberian ginseng has been approved by the Commission E as a tonic to help with fatigue and concentration. Compounds of Siberian ginseng known as eleutherosides, have been shown to be the primary compounds responsible for its adaptogenic activity. Rhodiola rosea has been used in Russia as an agent to support fatigue, mental clarity, and memory.
- In Sweden Rhodiola rosea has been recognized as an anti-fatigue agent.
- In Denmark Rhodiola rosea is registered as a medical product in the category of botanical drugs.
- Schizandra chinensis has been used for centuries in China and Russia as an adaptogen.
- Schizandra has been used to enhance mental clarity, alleviate stress, and promote emotional wellness.
- Licorice root (Glycyrrhiza glabra) contains compounds known as glycyrrhizin. These compounds have a structure very similar to corticosteroids and have been shown to block the enzyme responsible for converting cortisol to the inactive cortisone.